If you are considering new pool construction, you need to be prepared to consider numerous variables and look into all the available options. Since adding a pool to your Houston area home is a large project, it is important to take your time making the final decision. A very big part of this decision will be reviewing quotes from different pool builders. To help you out, here are 7 things to look for in swimming pool quotes.
- Look into both the initial cost of pool installation and the overall cost of maintaining a pool over the span of the pool’s life. While a lower-end quote might seem like a good deal, long-term maintenance costs can end up making it more expensive if it’s not well constructed.
- Compare the quotes you obtain and eliminate quotes that seem exceptionally high or low. After looking at several pool companies you should have a general understanding of the average costs associated with new pool installation. A quote that comes in extremely high or low could be an indicator that the contractor cannot be trusted.
- Find out if the quote includes the cost of insurance during installation. In most areas, the team hired to install your pool will need to be licensed and this may be reflected in your costs. If it is, ensure you are aware of this upfront.
- Avoid pool contractors that are vague about any of the aspects of pool installation when providing you with a quote. Ask as many questions as you like and make sure that they understand what it is you are looking for.
- Find out what features are included in the price quote that you receive. Some contractors may try to add on additional features that you are not really interested in. Stay focused on what you want, but pay attention to helpful advice and recommendations.
- Understand how they came up with their price quote. A trusted pool contractor should be able to breakdown their quote and help you understand how they arrived at their final figure. Their quote should include a list of expected costs for the pool materials, equipment, and labor costs.
- Finally, carefully compare all your options before choosing the company that you want to install your new pool. Don’t simply choose a company based solely on the price tag. Look at all the advantages of each company; you may even get a company with a higher bid to price match a lower quote.
Keep all these tips in mind when you start your search for the right Houston pool company. Get a selection of swimming pool quotes and weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each prospective builder, along with the overall price that you are quoted. A great place to start your search is at Elite Pools and Spas. We can talk to you about every available option and give you a clear picture of the best swimming pool for your backyard.
About Elite Pools & Spas
For over 20 years, Elite Pools & Spas have been providing new pool construction, pool remodels, pool repair and weekly pool maintenance services for Houston, League City, Pearland, Clear Lake and the surrounding areas.
Elite Pools & Spas of Houston can work with almost any budget and give you a personalized vision of your very own backyard paradise. Whether you need new pool construction or remodeling services, Elite Pools provides the same quality and attention to detail to all of their projects. As a Hayward Warranty Station, we offer energy-efficient pool products for your pool & spa.
For more Houston Pools and Spa updates subscribe to our blog and YouTube Channel or ‘Like’ us on Facebook. You can also check our client testimonials to learn more about the exceptional services we provide.
Ready to get started on your own backyard oasis? Contact the Houston pool builder experts at Elite Pools and Spas today!