It’s been a long winter and your friends and family are looking for a reason to celebrate in the sun. Why not kick off the opening of “pool season” by hosting an unforgettable pool party? Here are six ideas for party themes, along with some general suggestions to make your spring pool party a success.
More than Just Fun and Games: Pool Party Themes
- Movie Night: Instead of going to an old fashioned drive-in movie, why not invite folks over to your “dive-in” theater? You can bring the movie poolside by hauling a big screen TV into your backyard, or, even better, contacting an audiovisual rental company to provide a screen and projector and serve popcorn and Junior Mints.
- Luau/Tiki Bar: Inflatable palm trees, roasted pork and pineapple, fruity cocktails, and Hawaiian shirts as a dress code make for a fun atmosphere. Party supply stores almost always carry tropical themed items, and with a few well-placed pineapples and some citronella tiki torches, your pool will be ready for visitors.
- Nightclub: Dress up your party by transforming your pool area into a lounge using black, white, and silver accents. Black and white lounge chairs, towels, and table cloths, glamorous cocktails in martini glasses, white paper lanterns, and upscale finger foods like tapas or gourmet sliders will set the scene. Pipe in some sultry tunes and enjoy a warm evening among adults.
- Beach: Fill a couple of kiddie pools with sand and provide shovels and buckets so guests can build sand castles. Seashells, fishing nets, big umbrellas, and delicious barbecue will set the scene. Toss some oversized beach balls in the pool and around your yard, and enjoy kicking back in your favorite flip-flops.
- Finding Nemo: Take a beloved Pixar film, add your pool, and you’re bound to have happy kids! Turquoise table cloths and bright orange and white accessories will set the mood. Goldfish crackers, ocean-hued punch, and Rice Krispie treats wrapped with fruit leather to look like sushi will be a big hit with little ones, too.
- Pirates: Another surefire winner is a pirate-themed party. Kids will love the excuse to wear an eye patch or bandana, and almost anything can be made to look pirate-worthy with red and black fabric or a Jolly Roger flag. The diving board becomes a dreaded plank to walk. Plastic coins can be tossed into the pool for good swimmers to retrieve, with “pirate’s booty” prizes for the kids who collect the most.
Make Your Pool Party-Ready
Before your backyard fills with guests, be sure that you’ve thoroughly prepped the pool for your guests. After each winter passes, take a water sample to your local pool store for testing to ensure that you’re using the right chemicals to create a healthy pool environment. Make your pool even more welcoming by keeping extra towels, flip-flops, sunglasses, and sunscreen on hand for guests who may have forgotten theirs. Provide a room for changing in privacy, and use plastic or melamine glasses and dishes poolside to avoid the dangerous combination of broken glass and bare feet. These extra steps will keep your guests safe and comfortable, freeing you to enjoy your spring pool party!
ABOUT ELITE POOLS & SPAS
For over 20 years, Elite Pools & Spas have been providing new pool construction, pool remodels, pool repair and weekly maintenance services for Houston, League City, Pearland, Clear Lake & surrounding areas.
Elite Pools & Spas of Houston can work with almost any budget and give you a personalized vision of your very own backyard paradise. Whether you need new pool construction or remodeling services, Elite Pools provides the same quality and attention to detail to all of their projects. As a Hayward Warranty Station, they offer energy efficient pool products for your pool & spa.
For more Houston Pools and Spa updates subscribe to their blog and YouTube Channel or ‘Like’ them on Facebook. You can also check their client testimonials to learn more about the exceptional services they provide.
Ready to get started on your own backyard oasis? Contact the Houston pool builder experts at Elite Pools and Spas today!