June is National Iced Tea Month! To help you celebrate, we’re giving you recipes for our favorite iced teas- perfect for serving poolside all summer long!
Southern Sweetened Tea
This classic is easy to make and loved by just about everybody south of the Mason Dixon line.
6 cups water
4 family sized tea bags
1-1 ¾ cups sugar
Bring water to the boil in a saucepan. Add tea bags and simmer for two minutes. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand for ten more minutes while the tea steeps. Remove the tea bags and add sugar, stirring until it’s dissolved. Allow to cool before pouring over a glass full of ice. Garnish with fresh mint or a lemon.
Citrus Iced Tea
(From Southern Living June 2000)
• 3 cups water
• 2 whole cloves
• 1 family-size tea bag
• 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
• 1/2 cup orange juice
• 2 to 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 2/3 cup sugar
• Garnishes: fresh mint sprigs,orange slices
1. Bring 3 cups water and cloves to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and add tea bag; steep 10 minutes.
2. Discard tea bag and cloves. Add fruit juices and sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves. Chill and serve over crushed ice. Garnish, if desired.
Iced Hibiscus Sweet Tea
(From Southern Living August 2012)
• 8 regular-size hibiscus tea bags
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1 navel orange, sliced
• 1 lime, sliced
• 3 cups ginger ale, chilled
1. Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan. Remove from heat, and add tea bags. Cover and steep 10 minutes. Discard tea bags. Stir in sugar until dissolved; add orange and lime slices. Cover and chill 2 to 6 hours. Stir in ginger ale, and serve over ice.
2. Note: We tested with Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger Herbal Tea.
Sweet Lime Iced Tea
Not too sweet and not too bitter, this tropical twist on traditional sweet tea uses fresh lime juice for a refreshing treat on a hot summer day. Found on Allrecipes.com.
• 1 gallon boiling water
• 6 black tea bags
• 1 1/2 cups white sugar
• 4 limes, juiced
Pour the water into a gallon sized jar over the tea bags. Allow to steep for 45 minutes. Remove and discard the tea bags. Stir in the sugar and lime juice until the sugar has dissolved. Cool to room temperature; refrigerate until cold before serving.
ABOUT ELITE POOLS & SPAS
For over 20 years, Elite Pools & Spas have been providing new pool construction, pool remodels, pool repair and weekly maintenance services for Houston, League City, Pearland, Clear Lake & surrounding areas.
Elite Pools & Spas of Houston can work with almost any budget and give you a personalized vision of your very own backyard paradise. Whether you need new pool construction or remodeling services, Elite Pools provides the same quality and attention to detail to all of their projects. As a Hayward Warranty Station, they offer energy efficient pool products for your pool & spa.
For more Houston Pools and Spa updates subscribe to their blog and YouTube Channel or ‘Like’ them on Facebook. You can also check their client testimonials to learn more about the exceptional services they provide.
Ready to get started on your own backyard oasis? Contact the Houston pool builder experts at Elite Pools and Spas today!