Here is a great outdoor recipe for entertaining friends and family in your Houston backyard living environment!
Throwing a get together in the backyard during these balmy fall months is a great way to say “farewell” to those hot summer nights and usher in those chilly winter months that are right around the corner. When preparing a backyard recipes for the fall, try to incorporate seasonal fruits and veggies in your dishes to create warm and sweet meals that are sure to please kids and adults alike. One of our personal favorites: caramelized apple pork chops.
- 4 pork chops (¾” thick)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tart apples (peeled, cored, & sliced)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
How To Make
- Begin by placing a medium-sized dish in the oven, and then preheat the oven to 175*F (80*C)
- Take a large skillet and heat it over medium-heat. Take each pork chop and brush it lightly with oil and then place it in the hot pan. Cook the pork chops for about 5 minutes, turning it every minute or so until it’s done
- Transfer the cooked pork chops to the warm dish in the oven
- Now, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add the butter to the skillet, and then place the apple slices and the brown sugar mixture in the skillet as well
- Cover and continue to cook the apples until they’re tender. Then remove the apples with a slotted spoon and arrange them evenly on top of the pork chops
- Continue to cook the sauce in the skillet until it begins to thicken. Then spoon the sauce over top the pork chops and apples, and serve!
TIP: You can also sprinkle 3 tablespoons of pecans over the pork chops to add some extra “crunch” to the dish.
Best Served With
Two great complimentary and fall-friendly side dishes are mashed potatoes and buttered up green beans.
(Recipe taken from All Recipes)
ABOUT ELITE POOLS & SPAS
For over 20 years, Elite Pools & Spas have been providing new pool construction, pool remodels, pool repair and weekly maintenance services for Houston, League City, Pearland, Clear Lake & surrounding areas.
Elite Pools & Spas of Houston can work with almost any budget and give you a personalized vision of your very own backyard paradise. Whether you need new pool construction or remodeling services, Elite Pools provides the same quality and attention to detail to all of their projects. As a Hayward Warranty Station, they offer energy efficient pool products for your pool & spa.
For more Houston Pools and Spa updates subscribe to their blog and YouTube Channel or ‘Like’ them on Facebook. You can also check their client testimonials to learn more about the exceptional services they provide.
Ready to get started on your own backyard oasis? Contact the Houston pool builder experts at Elite Pools and Spas today!